Do you enjoy solving complex technical issues? Are you looking for a customer-facing role in a dynamic start-up environment, where you’ll learn all about the online marketing space?
Mercent’s Technical Support team is looking for an experienced Technical Customer Support Engineer to help our customers use our flagship enterprise SaaS application, Mercent Retail. Technical Support Engineers resolve customer issues while demonstrating strong customer empathy, responsiveness and reliability. They also answer questions and conduct proactive monitoring and notification for our customers. Issues commonly consist of problems related to customer data, ETL, file transfer or questions regarding system features and usage.
This position requires dedication to well-executed teamwork, the demonstrated ability to manage multiple support issues simultaneously, and a passion for customer satisfaction.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate significant experience with the following responsibilities and qualifications.
• Be the primary “face of Mercent” to our customers and the key to customer satisfaction
• Provide in-depth technical support for customers and partners primarily via email-based support ticket application
• Determine the best approach for resolving technical issues that will yield the desired turn-around time and optimal customer solution while minimizing the impact to the customer
• Analyze problems with XML and XSLTs to develop solutions to meet customer needs
• Take a leadership role in engaging and collaborating with other Mercent colleagues to resolve critical, complex issues or engage management as needed on highly sensitive issues
• Actively share knowledge with other team members to develop efficient solutions and enhance our support process flow
• Learn and understand new Mercent Retail features for effective support upon release
• Record and track issues and effort in our ticketing system
• Identify and report both software bugs and customer suggestions
• Write FAQs and other training content for both internal and customer consumption
• 3 years’ experience troubleshooting complex problems in a technical software support or customer service environment
• Exceptional customer interface skills and experience – including solid diplomacy, negotiation, troubleshooting, analysis, and problem solving skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all team roles (e.g., sales staff, technical engineers, resource managers, etc.) and career levels (e.g., executives, peers, junior-level staff, etc.)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented and process-driven, yet able to achieve results and balance with sometimes competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and SQL
• Experience with Microsoft-based software development technologies (.NET, Windows Server, SQL Server) and Internet-based systems integration technologies (XML, XSD, XSLT, HTML, Web Services).
• Ability to work some weekend shifts as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
Mercent firmly believes in equal employment opportunity for all and the importance of each employee as an individual. It is the policy of Mercent that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, political ideology, ancestry, the presence of any physical, sensory, or mental disabilities, or other legally protected status. The policy pertains to all personnel-related activities including hiring, work schedules, promotions, demotions, transfers, advertising, terminations, compensation, benefits, and training. A strong commitment by each employee is necessary to ensure equal employment opportunity for all.
Through its award-winning Mercent Retail™ technology Mercent helps large brand name retailers, including 1-800-Flowers, the Home Shopping Network, GUESS?, L'Occitane USA and others, reach and convert consumers shopping online. Supported purchasing destinations include Amazon.com, Google, eBay, Bing, comparison shopping engines (CSEs), affiliate networks, social shopping sites and paid search and display advertising campaigns. The company was founded by Amazon.com veterans, is venture-funded, and based in Seattle, WA.
Download our platform white papers and case studies to learn how Mercent Retail can help you grow your sales profitably. Select which documents you'd like, let us know your name and email, and we'll send them to you!