Mercent seeks an Account Manager to join the Mercent Performance team. Mercent Performance manages our clients’ pay-for-performance marketing programs on comparison shopping engines (Google Product Search, NexTag, Shopzilla, etc.) and marketplaces (Amazon, eBay, etc.). This role will be responsible for managing the performance of our clients’ marketing programs to meet the business objectives of our retail clients.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate with the client's marketing and merchandising/promo calendars to ensure that the online marketing is in sync with the retailer's messaging
- Manage execution of client's online performance marketing plans through Mercent Retail
- Manage with goals definition, customer communication, reporting and problem solving
- Coordinate management of bidding strategies on comparison shopping engines
- Develop and optimize content at the product level for the client’s product catalog
- Monitor and track daily ad spend budgets and performance of online marketing buys
- Generate marketing performance reports, providing analysis and execute on that analysis to ensure positive ROI where appropriate
- Audit the online channels to assess offer accuracy, attachment and competitiveness
- Coordinate with the retailer's marketing and merchandising/promo calendars to ensure that the online marketing is in sync with the retailer's messaging
- Set up each channel account in Mercent Retail
- Perform category mapping and optimization on behalf of the client
- Complete project requests and ad hoc tasks in support of the client’s business
- 1-2 years minimum of experience managing performance based online search marketing programs for a retailer or direct-to-consumer marketer
- Ability to compile and analyze performance data and metrics and make decisions regarding campaign direction based on the analysis
- Strong understanding of online marketing venues, strategies and best practices
- Results-oriented, collaborative work style
- High client empathy and relationship building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, solid problem-solving skills, and demonstrated teamwork skills
- Knowledge of search listing providers, 3rd party SEM tools, tracking tools, bid-management systems and keyword development tools a plus
- Familiarity with e-commerce analytics software to evaluate retail marketing, sales transactions, and customer data.
- Familiarity with software as a service (SaaS) business models, Web Services, and basic XML understanding a plus.
- Advanced skills in Excel analyzing performance data and reporting that back to clients.
B.A./B.S degree in Business or Marketing preferred
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity
Mercent firmly believes in equal employment opportunity for all and the importance of each employee as an individual. It is the policy of Mercent that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, political ideology, ancestry, the presence of any physical, sensory, or mental disabilities, or other legally protected status. The policy pertains to all personnel-related activities including hiring, work schedules, promotions, demotions, transfers, advertising, terminations, compensation, benefits, and training. A strong commitment by each employee is necessary to ensure equal employment opportunity for all.
Through its award-winning Mercent Retail™ technology Mercent helps large brand name retailers, including 1-800-Flowers, the Home Shopping Network, GUESS?, L'Occitane USA and others, reach and convert consumers shopping online. Supported purchasing destinations include Amazon.com, Google, eBay, Bing, comparison shopping engines (CSEs), affiliate networks, social shopping sites and paid search and display advertising campaigns. The company was founded by Amazon.com veterans, is venture-funded, and based in Seattle, WA.